Stephen Huish Design
Yacht Interiors, Hotels, Residential and Project Management
About Stephen Huish Design
Stephen Huish Design is a ‘boutique’ design company which began in 2009 specialising in the interior design and project management of yachts between 20-80 metres.
Spearheaded by Stephen Huish (who with 20 years creative & technical experience) made his name working with some of the world's most successful designers such as David Linley, Bannenberg and Terence Disdale.
Stephen Huish Design offers the full interior service including interior planning (general arrangement layouts known as the GA), concept design, CGI/Sketch visualisation, interior design drawings (CAD, plans, elevations and details), hard and soft material selection and project management to completion.
From concept and interior planning to on-site management, the company prides itself on our attention to detail at every stage of the design and build process. As interior designers we also lend our hands to both residential and hotel interior projects.
Whatever the size of the project our approach is simple – “to be as creative as possible with our clients requirements”. We create interiors that are unique, innovative and practical in their appearance and function. To provide the very best design whilst keeping within the contractual boundaries.
If you are considering an interior project and would like an enthusiastic,passionate, innovative, experienced designer dedicated to your project, please contact Stephen Huish who would be delighted to discuss your requirements.
Complete Design Service
- 01Establish the design brief/clients requirements.
- 02Interior specification review and advice.
- 03General arrangement plans (GA) review.
- 04Establishing the style via mood and feel images.
- 05Innovative conceptual design presented via CGI visualisation (photo real interior visuals).
- 06Hand sketch design and sketch details.
- 07Detailed material and hardware selection. Fabrics, stones, door handles, woods etc.
- 08Fully detailed interior drawing (CAD). These drawings are known as the 'design intent drawing package'. The drawing package contains all the design information plans, elevations, sections, details, finishes etc. The package is handed over to the interior contractor in order for them to produce their workshop drawings for construction.
- 09Full project management and on-site supervision. Ensuring the build reflects the approved design.
- 10Interior new builds and refits undertaken.
- 11Exterior deck design, planning and styling.
- 12Arranging an owner's team including highly experienced marine surveyors, naval architects, exterior stylists, contractors and technical services.